AXA Corporate Solutions launched in May 2009 a feedback process on P&C Claims management that involved 270 clients and brokers in its five largest branch offices (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the United Kingdom).
Key facts and figures :
- 273 people interviewed face to face (2/3 Risk Managers, 1/3 Brokers),
- 121 people mobilized at AXA Corporate Solutions to conduct the interviews,
- Among the 50 largest corporate clients of AXA Corporate Solutions in Europe, more than 3 out of 4 agreed to be interviewed.
The results were fairly uniform from one country to the next, and highlight a generally high level of trust with regard to the claims management expertise and performance of AXA Corporate Solutions. AXA Corporate Solutions has been ranked in the Top 2 in every one of its markets, with top position in both France and the United Kingdom.
All of its clients and brokers saw two themes as being particularly important :
- the global client relationship in the settlement of claims, and
- the claim settlement policy itself. In fact, with respect to these two themes, more than 75% of those interviewed said they were either satisfied or very satisfied.
According to the interviewed, the expertise and know-how, mindset (willingness to pay) and ability of AXA Corporate Solutions’ teams to respond to its clients’ and brokers’ needs constitute their greatest strengths.
In the light of the survey’s responses, three key themes have been identified :
- International Claims Management
An action plan will target three particular areas and will be rolled out in two distinct phases : immediate actions and a project for the whole of 2010.
Immediate actions :
- Presenting the Claims Department organization to its clients and brokers in the course of 2010
- information on the key points of the International Program Charter when presenting AXA Corporate Solutions’ international network to clients and brokers
- Broadly adopting international claims management guidelines : the objective is to ensure that claims management guidelines are written up at the master level, including a special chapter devoted to the management of claims related to losses that occur abroad.
- Presenting the level of service that is associated with AXA Corporate Solutions’ international network : the goal is to include a paragraph in the commercial proposals addressed to new potential clients (prospects) on the services associated with its international network that spells out the claims management service level that is offered under an international insurance program.
Project 2010 :
As for AXA Corporate Solutions’ Project 2010, it will allow the company to identify the substantive solutions and the related investments (human and IT). It is structured around three studies :
- Reporting : creation of a Claims reporting system for in-house and external use, shared across AXA Corporate Solutions and accessible via extranet by its clients, brokers and fronters
- International claims management : optimized management of international claims by formulating the needs that are specific to this activity in the network developed by AXA Corporate Solutions
- Feedback : internal and external feedback to help us optimize the management of risks.