The huge and continuing growth of commercial traffic seen worldwide in the last decade has made transportation a major economic issue on a global level. Thus, companies are more than ever concerned about the safety of their supply chain.
Insurance products must meet increasingly stringent requirements, and not only cover losses but also effectively help to prevent them or reduce their impact.
Key facts and figures :
- 2011 global marine portfolio gross written premiums : € 476 million (76% in cargo and 24% in hull)
- 24% of AXA Corporate Solutions’ 2011 turnover
- First class Underwriting capacity of € / US$ 80 million
- 70% of portfolio written as leading underwriter
- Marine teams of experts located in France, Dubai, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and USA
- Cargo coverage for a quarter of the world’s top 100 companies
- Hull coverage for 25% of the world’s tonnage
Offering a wide range of products and services for hull and cargo insurance, AXA Corporate Solutions covers losses but also helps in preventing them or reducing their impact.
Targeted clients are all companies involved in import / export or requiring international insurance programmes, large logistics companies providing international services, companies involved in complex transportation operations, shipowners, ship managers, shipyards and yacht owners.
AXA Corporate Solutions has set up specific Trade Sectors enabling it to offer in-depth sector know-how and tailormade solutions to accommodate clients’ needs.
- AA financial rating
- Relationship of trust based on close attention and transparency
- Broad range of services such as technical audits, advice to companies setting up captives, assistance in risk prevention and the roll-out of international programmes
- Trade Sector approach for cargo insurance
- Highly reactive, technically sophisticated claims management
AXA Corporate Solutions supports its marine customers’ development through an efficient organization comprising underwriters recognized at worldwide level for their professional expertise and availability to clients and brokers.
Furthermore, technical assessment and risk management programmes can be provided thanks to a team of marine & transport risk consultants available anywhere, anytime. Also, multicultural and multilingual claims management teams on 24/7 duty offer a high level of expertise based on excellent legal backgrounds.
AXA Corporate Solutions’ specialized marine teams offer a wide range of covers for transportation risks whatever their nature :
- Cargo, including storage and freight forwarders’ liability
- Hull, loss of hire and increased value (IV)
- War risks
Key elements of AXA Corporate Solutions’ approach to marine clients and brokers clearly embraces long-term partnerships based on trust and transparency, customer service fine-tuned to individual needs and evolutions as well as a highly-technical, up-to-date approach.
To even better understand the needs of its marine cargo clients, AXA Corporate Solutions has put in place a Trade Sectors approach, including automotive, logistics, high tech, luxury, oil, project cargoes, removers, pharmaceuticals and chemicals, pre-launch and trading & commodities.
AXA Corporate Solutions’ clients are spread all around the world and are therefore serviced either by AXA subsidiaries or by the company’s own branches and dedicated teams, or by its international network partners settled in more than 90 countries.
Please find hereunder all information regarding the "briefing and debate on the Trading & Commodities market" on 17 October last in Geneva.